Monday, October 3, 2016

Flailing

I'm not someone who is really into watching the Olympics, but my husband and I would catch an occasional event on TV this past summer.

Some of the events we watched were the 100 m and 400 m races.  For whatever reason, I remember the commentator pointing out that when the runners got close to the finish line some of them started to flail, which caused them to slow down a bit.

My current finish line is on October 6th, my last day of work. As I approach that finish line I feel myself flailing...slowing down.

It's harder to get up in the morning, harder to make breakfast, harder to get out of the door on time.

When I make it to the office, it's hard to pay attention.  Hard to know how to finish out my responsibilities.  Hard to know I'm letting people down.

I stopped by the grocery store on the way home from work today. After I got all the groceries put away, I had to go take a nap.

I only worked 4 hours.  Grocery shopping didn't take that long.

I know adrenal fatigue makes you exhausted, but sometimes I'm surprised by just how little I can do before I reach the point of exhaustion.

The other thing I remember about the Olympic races is what happened after people crossed the finish line.  Some people fell over, some people stayed upright.

I have obligations over the weekend, but once the 10th rolls around, I have a feeling I'm going to fall over.  I feel like this is not a bad thing....it seems like a good place to rest for a bit.




No comments: