Sunday, August 17, 2008

generic drugs sometimes aren't worth the discount

I have been pretty emotional for the last several weeks. I thought it may just be all the traveling and being tired and what not, but then I started wondering if it had something to do with the generic birth control I started taking. I mentioned to a friend of mine that I thought the generic bc was messing with me, and he told me that generic forms of drugs DO NOT have to be the exact same as the name brand drugs. He also mentioned that it doesn't take much of a change in drug levels to effect the endocrine system. I hadn't really thought about it for a week or two until today where I had a teary emotional outburst. I just googled Ocella (generic bc)and this is what I found:

http://boards.webmd.com/webx?THDX@@.89a1e9db!thdchild=.89a1e9db


Apparently, there are quite a few women out there that have been having very noticable side effects from Ocella. I have definitely been more emotional, have had fairly regular headaches (I almost NEVER have headaches!), and I have noticed a slight increases in my appetite.

I think I will be switching back to Yasmin (brand name bc) the next go around, even though I will no longer be saving $15. $15 isn't worth all the side effects.

I was originally going to write about how I think that I have some abandonment issues, but I'm know begininng to think that the only reason I started to think that was because of my messed up horomones. Yay.

1 comment:

Some old bee-yatch said...

It definitely sounds like hormones. Those damn bc pills. I have so many problems with them.

Yas was the death of me though. Glad they work for you. That was the most evil pill I've ever seen. So small, yet so powerful.

Hope it all works out. I think the only abandonment issues are from your brand name pills!!