Saturday, September 8, 2007

Notes from the road: New York

So I didn't drive this trip, but flying can be interesting too.

Tuesday morning, my boss pick me up and we drove to DIA to catch our flight to O'Hare. I ended up sitting next to this guy who kind of creeped me out. EVERY time I went to adjust my little air vent, he did the exact same. EVERY TIME. I don't know if he was just waiting for me to do it or what.
At O'hare, my boss treated me to my first shoe shine ever on my cowboy boots. They looked fabulous after they were all shined up.
The flight form O'hare to Syracuse was uneventful. I played Sudoku the whole way there.

The job was ok. Actually, I was kind of irritated most of the time because I couldn't eat on a regular basis and I didn't bring enough snacks.

One night I had to go down and move the truck, and as I exited the elevator I nearly ran over the guy standing there. As I began to walk past, he looked at me and said " Hey! How YOU doin?"
Disgusted, I walked past and heard him say a second later "woo hoo"
I was Pissed!
As I was coming back into the hotel I saw a guy in the parking lot standing there with a bag. The door I was about to enter needed a key so I asked him if he needed to get in that door. He replied "how you doin?" all while ogling me. I was inwardly rolling my eyes, but I opened the door anyway and began walking rapidly to the lobby. I was probably 10 feet ahead of him when He shouted " hey, do you know where to party" I said no, I had just gotten there, and kept on walking to the lobby. By the time I got to my guys to go have dinner I was livid.
I DON'T LIKE BEING LOOKED AT LIKE A PIECE OF f**KIN' MEAT!!!!!

I'll add more about the trip later. Right now I have to get ready to go out with a friend of mine!

3 comments:

Some old bee-yatch said...

Well, I'm angry just reading that. Nothing gets me more angry than creepy men.

Stay SAFE :)

Zay said...

how YOU doin'?? haha. creepy guys in ny sound like joey from "friends."

Mary T-Allen said...

I was also just thinking that the creepy dudes sounded like Joey from Friends and then I just laughed instead of being appropriately outraged and grossed out. But my advice is this: you've got hips and you know how to use 'em, girl! And of course by that, I mean hip check any smack talkers!