Monday, September 17, 2007

Random

So the last thing I was going to write about leaving New York:

As I drove out of the town that I was once supposed to move to, the Ace of Base song I saw the Sign came on, and I couldn't help but smile. Sometimes the universe has a way of letting you know that you're in the right place.
______________________________________________________________

I babysat for my bosses kid the other week- I went over about three, watched him, fed him, put him to bed, and took him to school the next morning.
It was fun, and I love kids, but it was very odd in that I felt like I had taken over someone elses life. I was totally aware how much I don't want a husband or kid at the moment. The thought makes me....I'm not really sure what I feel, but there are no warm fuzzy thoughts right about it.

Which brings me to this:
I think I probably just screwed up the semi-realtionship I'm kind of in. Since I feel like I don't want to be tied down, I think I'm subconsciously sabotaging what I have.

The guy I'm seeing, lets call him J, is unlike anyone I've ever dated. He actually has his stuff together- job, house, dog- and he's kind to me. Maybe I'm being anxious and over analytical, but I haven't heard from him today as is usual- and last night is when I think I probably said some wrong things.

If I did screw something up it serves me right- I should have waited longer. The thing is, I wasn't expecting things between us to get very far, and it turns out we get along pretty well. It seems like things kind of progressed on their own.

_______
So I ran in to a friend of mine today at the store, and she asked why I hadn't been to any group meetings lately- I told her I'd been traveling alot for work, and she kind of scoffed and made some content. later, she asked if I was playingn Open Mic tommorrow, and I said no, I'll be in Oklahoma on a job. She made some comment about me not liking Colorado and about not traveling. I was a little irritated. I moved to Colorado FOR THE JOB. I travel frequently with little notice.

I knew when I took the job that I was joining a small company that needed some extra effort to grow. I accept the fact that if I have plans that don't involve plane tickets that work will trump most things I have planned. I don't mind this. I became a geologist because I didn't want to sit behind a desk all the time. I enjoy my erratic schedual- most of the time.

I have had a few people make comments about the traveling and work in general...it may not be what THEY would like to do, but I enjoy it.

___________________________________________________________

My poor ferret Egan has cancer and he needs surgery. It seems like he has at least 2 or 3 types, so surgery is his best bet. It's going to be expensive. I don't think I could not do anything- for one of the cancers the only thing you can do is surgery, medicine is not an option.
I just have to wait until I'm in town long enough to take care of my sweet boy.

__________________________________________________________________

I went 4 wheelin' in the Jeep for the first time yesterday. J took me to a short trail about an hour away. Driving the 4WD trail was awesome, and when we got to the stopping point, the area was impossibly beautiful.

__________________________________________________________________

I just noticed I tend to write when I should be packing...luckily, I packed most of my junk this morning so there's not alot to do tonight.

If I want to go to bed early, I have to go finish rounding up my junk.

Next time I'll have NOtes from the Road: Oklahoma!

5 comments:

the German said...

you are going all over the place! when will you stop in texas?

Marcy said...

I'm going to Texas in October for SFA's homecoming!

Chrissy said...

fascinating! i love entries like this. snapshots into the world of marcy. and as for those folks who don't understand your need to travel - tell them you're a rolling stone, baby. see you in october!

Some old bee-yatch said...

whatever with those "friends." unless you are in that business, you have no idea what it's like. it can be SO much fun and then it can be tiring when you need the break but can't take it. you are young! you are having fun! it's what life is supposed to be :)

fooey on them if they don't realize how you being out of town so much should just make them THAT more excited when they do see you :P

if you need me to come to colorado and take egan...say the words. i have a free airline ticket that i have to use soon. Love you, girl!

Zay said...

well, my friend, it doesn't sound like you are very bored. :)

i'm glad that you really dig your job.

and i'm sorry to hear about egan. i'll send good vibes your way for your little furry guy.