Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Open mic at Avo's

I decided it was time, time for me to perform after the months I had been neglecting my fans.
Open mic was not what I expected, sadly. Anyone who had been to the open mic at Rita's in Nac knows what comraderie the musicians had with one another. It was a raucous, loud, and lovely atmosphere. There was an unstated rule, it seemed to me at least, that if you played, you stayed as long as you could to hear everyone else play, and that was truly something. Mr. Daniel did a truly wonderful job of operating the open mic at Rita's (perhaps i'm biased?)!!!!
At Avo's the crowd was very quiet, which is kinda cool, cause it seemed like they were listening, but for the most part the atmosphere felt.....disinterested? No one really talked or joked with one another. I saw a few musicians say hi to one another, but that was pretty much it. I noticed that many acts only stayed around for one or two sets before or after their own and left.
While I was pleased with my performance, I was disappointed with the overall experience. I'll have to try a different venue to see if the feel is the same.

~~~BB~~~
~~~m~~~~

2 comments:

Some old bee-yatch said...

maybe it was all their first time?

glad you got out!

Zay said...

hrm...maybe they are "too cool" and can't quite express themselves through use of hoots and hollers.