Monday, August 13, 2007

So I went on a date

Yes, I went on a date. For the last week or so I had been kinda of dreading it because I didn't know if I was ready, but I figured I'd give it a try.

So, we went to a resturant called The Black Steer downtown. It was ok, the food wasn't great but the atmosphere was interesting. By the time we were done eating it was early, so I suggested walking to the lake. The lake is actually much more like a large pond, but it's pretty at sunset. The next logical choice was to go to the park across from the lake and play on the playground! The playground was cool- there were all sorts of things to hurt yourself on! At some point, after splashing water on my date from the drinking fountain, there was a little bit of play fighting, and then I had to shoulder check him(you roller derby girls should appreciate this!), and like most men, he was suprised that I could hit him that hard....ya know what...I didn't even hit him that hard! Mua ha ha ha:) We then walked back to my house, where I decided that we needed ice cream and that we should walk down to the store and get some. I like to walk- everything is close to my house! So then we ate some ice cream and talked some more and then he left.
Luckily for him he wasn't pushy- I'm very skitish about the whole dating thing and I probably would freaked out if he was.

My date was very easy to talk to, which was good because we talked about alot of different things and got to know each other a little but.

We met playing sand volleyball at at meetup group in Fort Collins, incase anyone was wondering.

So that was it. I'm most excited that we talked and he wasn't pushy.

~~~BB~~~
~~~~m~~~

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

that sounds like a fun date! and i LOVE that you shoulder checked him - no wonder he didn't dare get pushy!

Zay said...

hey, congrats on getting your feet wet again. :)

and good job showing him from the start that lil miss marcy could take care of her own damn self if she had to. haha.

Marcy said...

lol...I miss you derby girls!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Mary T-Allen said...

Congrats on the date and also so awesome that you shoulder-checked him! I hate pushy dates and I have some horror stories--wish I had known proper checking methods back then. Also, there's that whole handshake vs. hug vs. nothing date-ender. I am partial to nothing and maybe a wave. But I hate feeling like I either have to shake hands like it's a business deal or hug--like I need a stranger in my personal space. Well played, Marcy!

the German said...

are you going to see him again? i want to know.. i am so childish when it comes to dates and all that.. sorry :)

Marcy said...

I don't know about seeing him again -I'm just not over T yet. I'll hang out with him, but I'm thinking I could do without the pressures of dating.