Sunday, August 19, 2007

To old friends- and new adventures!

To old friends--and new adventures!

That was the toast made at a fancy italian resturant Thursday night when some old college friends of mine flew into Denver. I hadn't seen them since their wedding in December, so I was excited to pick them up from the airport and eat dinner with them.

Seeing them made me realize how much I'm missing everyone else back in Texas.

Today was a bad day- probably had a lot to do with not getting enough sleep- but things just kept going wrong. On top of that, I called a few people in Texas, which made me sad, especially when I talked to a certain someone.

Last night was awesome though! one of the meetup groups I joined had a BBQ and jam session. There were quite a few musicains there, and they were fabulous to play with. I got alot of compliments on my music and I impressed quite a few people. I was especially glad to hear that so many of the guys in the group liked my original music- I always think that since I'm a girl writing about girly things that guys wont like it. I'm glad I'm wrong!

I'm trying to make some quality friends- people that I have things in common with and can actually hold a conversation with. I think I may have found someone like that last night, but we'll see how it all pans out.

I went roller blading yesterday morning down a paved trail by a creek. It was beautiful, but man am I out of skating shape! I think that was one of the first if not the first time I have skated since I quit roller derby earlier this year. I think I may have found someone to skate with...we'll see about that too.

This past week has been crazy! I went out every night, and was still able to function at work.

I hope I'll be able to spend some time with some of the new people I have been meeting this week.

This Friday I'm going to Illinois to see my family, so I'm excited by that, and a little bit anxious about driving myself to the airport and finding the correct place to park and all that. I have to get up EARLY to catch my flight....it should be interesting.

Now I'm just babbling...probably because I'm exhausted. I'm thinking sleep is sounding good!

~~~bb~~~
~~~~m~~~

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

i am so proud of and impressed with the way your have grabbed life by the horns and shaken it around! it's true - you are SO GOOD AT LIFE!

also, i got your postcard and hung it in my office. i am working on a response so stay tuned!

<3

Chrissy said...

also, i love that you had to put a whole list of links for the Nac girls. we are a crazy blogging bunch!

Zay said...

marcy, this texas bunch sure do miss you too. *hugs*

KB said...

Have a good trip!