Saturday, March 7, 2009

I do things at strange times...

I do things at strange times...like deciding to Feng Shui my bedroom starting at 11 pm. I get these ideas and can't wait to do them, I'm a little impatient I guess.

Lately (for the past month or so) I've had really low energy and low motivation, which is a little depressing. I know that in order to change the way I've been feeling, I've got to change what I'm doing.

On major change recently is that I am single. I think that this change will be good for me in a variety of ways, but the most important is that this will give me the time and space I need to re-center.

Today I realized that there are many stagnant things in my life that I need to let go of or change. That thought process eventually went to Feng Shui and how I've wanted to look at the Bagua (Feng Shui area map) in relationship to my space. I finally did that tonight, and after some online surfing, found out the the bedroom is one of the more important rooms in the house to make Feng shui friendly.
I've been wanting to rearrange my room for awhile anyway, so it seemed like a good time to mix things up.

As the ferrets watched intently and impatiently from their cage, I dragged and pulled my bedroom furniture in to areas where I thought they would go well. After a few iterations I came up with a configuration that seemed to work better then the way I had everything arranged orginally. Not all the placements are optimal, but my room wasn't neccesarily built to Feng Shui standards, so I count that as an improvement.

The two biggest and positive changes are removing a mirror that was right in front of my bedroom door and moving the bed out from underneath a window. Apparently the mirror infront of the door send chi right back out the way it came so chi wont circulate in and nourish the room. When sleeping underneath a window, chi from you body is sent out the window which can drain one of their energy.

I'm really interested to see how I sleep tonight. I changed the orientation of my bed from N-S to E-W, and when I have done that in the past I don't sleep well for a few nights.
I haven't been sleeping well for the past few weeks, so I'll gladly try my rom this way for a few nights if it will mean better sleep in the long run.

Another thing I noticed when moving things around is that I had a lot of crap in my room that I didn't realize was there- scraps of paper, loose change, hangers, dirty clothes....I suppose all of things were hiding in plain sight because I didn't think my room looked that bad.

It's now two and a quarter hours after I decided to rearrange and I'm pretty tired- I'll let y'all know how the first night of sleep goes!

2 comments:

Zay said...

too bad there aren't before and after photos. :)

KB said...

You are not the only one who does that. I rearrange at least one room at least once a month (more if I'm feelin' funky). I've rearranged my living room 6 times since I moved in June. You. You're fine. I have the issues. ;-)